Fundamental Accounting presents the basic yet essential knowledge required or first-year financial accounting courses at universities and universities of technology. In this eighth edition, the excellent foundations of previous editions have been built on to include:
- Updated legislative compliance chapters aligned to the Companies Act 71 of 2008 and IFRS
- An updated chapter on the framework of accounting with exam-standard questions along with additional questions
- An updated chapter on non-current assets specifically relating to the change in the VAT treatment of transactions
- A chapter focusing specifically on VAT and how the change in the VAT rate will impact all transactions affected by VAT.
It’s easy-to-understand presentation of complex accounting concepts and principles, its logical, conceptual approach, and numerous working examples make the content accessible and the study of accounting less intimidating. Excel with Fundamental Accounting… your first step to success and a solid foundation for further studies in accounting.
- A comprehensive question and fully demonstrated solution at the end of every chapter
- Over 500 questions, ranging from introductory to more complex levels
- Solutions to the questions in the textbook
- Powerpoint® slides and theory-based concept tests for each chapter are made available to lecturers at prescribing institutions.