|Author||Robbins et al|
The third revised edition of Organisational Behaviour: Global and Southern African Perspectives is based on the best-selling 15th global edition by Stephen Robbins and Timothy Judge. This edition has been updated to reflect current research findings from a global and a local perspective, and looks at the individual, group and organisational levels.
Key features in this edition include:
- A unique four-tier model explains the contextual issues and the challenges that South African organisations are facing.
- Important terminology is explained in side notes and is included in a glossary.
- Case incidents that look at the South African context are paired with questions to stimulate critical thinking and the application of theory.
- Perennial issues in South African organisations, such as ethics and diversity, are integrated with other themes throughout the book.
There are a number of additions that stimulate critical thinking and application:
- Updated local and international research data reflect current trends in organisational behaviour.
- New relevant cases look at South African companies and the issues that today’s organisations face.
- Industry-specific examples are highlighted and dealt with in ‘OB in the news’, ‘Myth or science’, ‘OB in a global context’, ‘From concepts to skills’ and ‘Point-counterpoint’ discussions.
- Summaries and sections on implications for managers emphasise the practical application of concepts in the workplace.
- Questions for review, experiential exercises and ethical dilemmas stimulate student engagement.