This popular handbook is a source of first reference for practitioners and students of civil procedure. Updated annually, it contains the most up-to-date text of the Acts and Rules (including the Constitutional Court Rules). Useful aids include Tables of Cases decided under the legislation, comprehensive Subject Indexes, and Periodic Time Charts – a quick reference to procedural time-frames, as prescribed by the Acts and Rules. The 2020 edition reflects the law as at 6th December 2020.
The 2020 Edition, of the Superior Courts Act 10 of 2013 & Magistrates’ Courts Act 32 of 1944 and Rules & Periodic Time Charts contains substantive changes to the Rules and Periodic Time Charts.
The book comprises the following
- Superior Courts Act 10 of 2013
- Uniform Rules of Court
- Rules of the Supreme Court of Appeal
- Rules of other Divisions of the High Court
- Constitutional Court Rules
- Magistrates’ Courts Act 32 of 1944
- Rules Regulating the Conduct of the Proceedings of the Magistrates’ Courts of South Africa
- Extract from the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996
- Tables of cases decided under the Acts and Rules
- Comprehensive subject indexes
- Periodic time charts giving quick information as to the periods prescribed by the Acts and Rules for various procedures
The Supplement reflects the law as at 6th December 2020.