|Author||Strydom et al|
Applied Strategic Marketing fifth edition discusses the strategic role of marketing management in organisations. The focus is on how managers choose and manage the markets they serve, how they handle competition and what strategies they devise in order to build brand value and customer relationships in the dynamic marketing environment of present-day South Africa.
This book guides the reader through the different phases of the strategic planning process and provides a framework for designing and implementing a marketing plan.
Building on the success of the fourth edition, the fully updated and revised fifth edition deals with the following topics:
• The nature of strategic marketing
• Strategic marketing planning
• Market and resource-based analyses
• Market sensing and insights
• Strategic positioning
• Identifying a sustainable competitive advantage
• Competitive, international and brand-based strategies
• Relationship and customer-based strategies
• Strategy implementation, control and evaluation
• Marketing metrics